Support the Institute of Ethnic Studies
Since 1972, the Institute for Ethnic Studies has played a unique role at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln and in the state of Nebraska. Our graduates’ commitments to critical analysis, community involvement, equality, and social justice are exceptional.
Whether as majors or minors, our students leave the university as critical thinkers who are knowledgeable about ethnic communities in the United States, Africa, and Latin America. Like our faculty, they view sociopolitical systems through a social justice lens and are able to approach complex topics from a foundation of knowledge and critical analysis.
Your support of the Institute for Ethnic Studies is critical to our success. Your tax-deductible contribution provides the Institute with key resources to support our cultural programming, educational initiatives, and lecture series, increasing the campus’s and public’s understanding and knowledge of ethnic communities in Nebraska and beyond.
- The Ethnic Studies Discretionary Fund is for the general benefit and support of the program. This fund provides valuable resources in the form of unrestricted support, allowing the Institute to make key strategic investments when opportunities arise and in areas where the need is greatest.
- The Ralph H. Vigil Seminar Series in Ethnic Studies Fund is used annually or otherwise to fund a lectureship program that brings one or more outstanding scholars in the field of Ethnic Studies to the Institute of Ethnic Studies, College of Arts and Sciences, University of Nebraska-Lincoln each academic year in honor of the first Director of the Institute, Ralph H. Vigil.
We make it easy to give:
- 100% of your gift goes to the university
- Give with confidence, your gift is secure
- We are committed to protecting your privacy
Thank you for your support!Give