1. How do I declare a major in Ethnic Studies (ETHN) or Latin American Studies (LAMS)?

You can declare at any time by filling out a CDMA (Change of Major) form in the A&S Advising Office at 107 Oldfather Hall.

2. How many hours do I need for an ETHN or LAMS degree?

You need 33 hours. Please check requirements in the Undergraduate Catalog.

3. Can I minor in Ethnic Studies?

Yes. You need 18 hours, and six of those hours must be at the 300-400 level. Please check the Undergraduate Catalog for more information.

4. How do I talk to an advisor?

Contact the Institute for Ethnic Studies at 402-472-1663.

5. Where can I find out information about Internships and job opportunities?

Contact Career Services for current information about careers and internships.

6. What if I have questions about my overall degree?

You will need to go to the A&S Advising Office located at 107 Oldfather Hall or call 402-472-2891 for an appointment.

7. I am an ETHN major but I want to double major. What do I do?

It's a great idea to double major. Ethnic Studies complements many fields. To double major, you'll need to check with the major advisor in the field you're interested in. You can find information about current department advisors on the A&S Advising Center webpage.

8. I’m a graduating senior. What do I need to do to graduate?

Congratulations! You’ll need to file for graduation early in the semester that you plan on graduating. The filing date is always listed in the Academic Calendar on UNL’s homepage. You’ll need to file with Graduation Services at 109 Canfield. Once you’ve done that, it’s always a good idea to meet with both the Ethnic Studies Advisor in Louise Pound Hall and A&S Advising (107 Oldfather) to double check that all requirements are met.